1. Losing weight does not make you happy, clever, funny, beautiful or loveable. You already are all of these.
2. Learn to laugh at yourself more. You’ll be amazed at just how funny you are and laughter cures almost everything.
3. Live in the present. The past and future only ever exist as thoughts; the present is where you eternally reside.
4. You will experience heartache, disappointment, pain and loss. None of these can be avoided and if you learn to keep your heart open through it all, you will be in awe of your innate ability to transform difficulties into fulfilling possibilities.
5. Dance more. You will either look incredibly sexy or very comical; both are fun and attractive to be with.
6. Learn to speak your feelings with a gentle conviction. What we feel is always changing and life is easier when we don’t take everything too seriously.
7. Love and look after your body as if it had been THE ONE that you chose out of all the billions you could have wanted. Just maybe you did and anyway, your body, which is also always changing, is a-m-a-z-i-n-g and deserving of care and respect.
8. Realize that what you are thinking doesn’t always reflect reality. Our true nature and reality lie beyond what we are thinking and have no limitations.
9. Always see what is brave, true and gentle in others. These qualities connect all of us and everyone has a story that will stop your heart.
10. If you don’t ‘get’ all of these points by your 20s, don’t worry. Life will continue to reveal these lessons to help you surrender, either gracefully or ungracefully, to the infinite wisdom and beauty of who you really are.
Sent with love, from your older self x